mobile app upgrade
for the network of
an original marketing product that received recognition from thousands of users. Clients enjoy the option of making a quick and easy order and the management can control data and influence sales.
Having received the order from Yaposha, we assessed the scale of the project and felt like focusing on original elements and implementing a product that would stand out from the rest, help the client solve their issues and give us a chance to improve our professional skills.
As part of our tender bid for Yaposha management and TRUST Bank management, our team developed an offer for the new mobile app’s design and usability (around 8 clean screens with drafts for the rest) and a presentation for the company’s board of directors. Our competitors stood no chance
У конкурентов шансов не было.
We won, and went ahead with the project development having completed the tender process.
What it was like
Pre-project presentation, project work commencement, drafting documents, TOR development, stage by stage implementation.
We developed a project framework at the first stage, drew up a schedule and agreed organizational issues with the client’s team.
Staff involved in the project development:
- iOS Developer
Based on the previous version, we aimed at transforming the app and present the client with not just an image product, but a fully-featured marketing sales tool, that can be modified and adjusted with flexibility to the tasks and facts at hand, while evaluating its efficiency at any time and understanding through the numbers how the result fluctuates depending on the timeframe or promo offers.
New in "Yaposha 2.0":
- New brandbook – we used new colors
- Developed an up-to-date design for iOS 7-8
- Simplified the order system, making it easier, faster and more user-friendly, with two steps only
- Implemented order analysis and statistics
- Added metrics and expanded promos
- Developed a touchpad version
Design Development and Prototyping
While developing a mobile application we focus on offering personal and creative approach. There is nothing impossible for us. We are very meticulous with design prototypes’ and app functions’ development. At the design development stage we created a graphic map of screen interaction and thoroughly worked through the product’s functionality. The graphic interface outline was also created.
1 At the prototyping stage we offered a new navigation solution based on the Russian and Western competitors’ experience, as well as on our vision for the best solution in this particular case. The concept was adopted by the clients following a number of approvals
2. We implemented micro artificial intelligence into the application to collect all user data in the system and make a calculation of top and other positions based on the sales details. The top positions are highlighted in the menu on the main screen for smart phones and the bestsellers are placed first as per the overall real time statistics.
3. We offered an innovative add-to-cart solution. Having studied dozens of applications, we came to the conclusion that the system of adding items to the cart was not flawless – it had standard plus and minus buttons, which are completely inconvenient especially in the case of smart phones. They are too small, inconvenient to push when choosing the required quantity for the order and that is unacceptable for this kind of a sales tool.
4. Adding courses through a drum. When the price is tapped, the position automatically goes to the cart. When a user needs to make another order, they see an expanded interface when tapping the price. The drum does not cover the item description area on any devices and lets the user choose the number required just by scrolling it to the left or to the right. It’s fast and simple.
5. The app adjusts much like a construction set to popular items, choosing the best offer for the user based on the data gathered.
Final Design Creation
After the prototypes approval we started the screen drawings.
As approved by the client:
Key differences between types of mobile devices
- The app design was largely the same.
- The key difference is the navigation.
- Practical navigation based on the use of two fingers was implemented for touchpads.
- In the case of smartphones, navigation is based on using just one finger. This way the user does not need to change the phone position in their hands to use the interface.
- Screen demonstration is different in touchpads. Thanks to the larger surface 3-4 smartphone screens were put together for more convenient browsing.
- Search screen is divided into zones in touchpads. This allows the user to make a search within the zone they require at that very moment.
- Promos and offers are presented more brightly and colorful in touchpads. The main banners can be slid through giving the user a chance to learn about conditions.
At the testing stage we ran the app on 60 devices and tested the RAM and CPU load. The results also met the expectations when we ran competitors’ apps for comparison.3 month app development life cycle300+ tasks for developers100+ test builds100 000+ lines of code300+ hanges committed to the
version control system60 devices used to test the app10 people involved at different stages30+ screens
The outcome exceeded all our expectations. The Yaposha 2.0 app that we developed for iOS и Android platforms took up leading positions among other solutions in this sector. The app was installed by more than 1 500 people in the first month. The pace of sales increased by 24.8% due to the innovative solutions. The company management received an opportunity to control the orders’ statistics evaluating the app work efficiency.
increased by 14.3%
repeated software-based orders went up by 22.7%
the upgraded app
was downloaded by
90% of previous users
We reviewed more than 10 tender bids and, as a result, decided to go with Spaceshipapps. Their diverse portfolio, good value-for-money balance, pre-project work, presentation, personalized approach, the team’s expertise and adequate development timeframe defined our choice.
Becoming a partner we wanted to upgrade the mobile content, enhance sales and raise the clients’ loyalty. As a result of this partnership, we did achieve the desired outcome and had a chance to appreciate the staff expertise, which left no doubts as to whether we made the right choice.
n the course of the project work, the team tackled all the problems that arose with high professionalism, as well as paid close attention to our desires and requirements.
We are happy with the results and recommend Spaceshipapps as a highly professional, customer-focused and committed mobile software developer.